The Langkawi National Observatory (LNO) was completed in 2006. The purpose of its development is to foster the country’s R&D capabilities in space science as well as to increase the interest of young people to pioneer new science and technology in the long run as well as to raise the spirit of unity always striving for excellence in astronomy.
Function of LNO
The main role of function of LNO is to equip the nation with a research grade facility for optical astronomical research in Malaysia. Researchers and students pursuing research in this area are invited to use the facilities.
LNO offers research and development opportunities and services in the areas below:
- Astrometry, photometry and spectroscopy for stellar and solar.
- Data and observation images for both stellar and solar.
- Training in equipment and instrument handling and practical observation.
- Instrumentation testing.
- Instrument and equipment hosting (related to space science).
- Cooperation in programs.
- Online and remote observation.
LNO also offers education and awareness activities based on our schedule.
PENJEJAKKAN OBJEK JAUH
NEAR EARTH OBJECT
Automa Dome 10ft DDW
Astrohaven 12ft Clamshell
FLI ML4240 MB