The Mission Control Facility which is owned and operated by MYSA, is located at the Space Technology Complex in Kampung Sungai Lang, Banting, Selangor. The MYSA mission control facility has been operational since 5th May 2005 and was officiated by Tun Abdullah bin Haji Ahmad Badawi, the 5th Prime Minister of Malaysia on 4th October 2006. The facility handles the communications for both uplink and downlink with orbiting spacecraft and had provided support for other international agency for the space mission such as European Space Agency (ESA) and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
The facility is equipped with two antenna systems: 5.0m diameter antenna for Telemetry, Tracking and Command (TT&C) operating in S-band frequency range and 7.3m diameter antenna for Image Receiving and Processing System (IRPS) operating in X-band frequency range. The use of these frequency are in accordance with the standard and guidelines set and monitored by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) at the international level and the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) at the national level.
Both antenna systems are able to perform tracking operations in multiple modes which are in Auto, Program and Manual through the Right Hand Circular Polarization (RHCP) or Left Hand Circular Polarization (LHCP) channels. The system is also capable to receive data through both channels simultaneously.
- Longitude : 101.50778 oE (101o 30’ 28” E)
- Latitude : 2.78433 oN (2o 47’ 3.59” N)
2. Mission Control FACILITY service
The MYSA mission control facility is government owned and operated by MYSA that handles the communications for both uplink and downlink with orbiting spacecraft as follows:
Two antenna systems with the diameter of 5.0 and 7.3 metres:
• 5.0 metre antenna for Tracking, Telemetry & Control (TT&C) in S-band
• 7.3 metre for both X- and S-band TT&C and Image Receiving and Processing System (IRPS)
• Tracking mode in Auto, Program and Manual track
• Circular polarization in both RHCP and LHCP
• Simultaneous receiving data in both polarisations.
2025 MHz – 2110 MHz
2200 MHz – 2290 MHz
8000 MHz – 8400 MHz
Gain over Temperature (G/T)
Kelajuan Kadar Data Maksimum
3. Past Customers
- SIRIM RASA
- SIRIM QAS/ Sapura Secured/ Sapura Thales
- J&E Hall
- TDK Lambda
- WSA Engineering/ Proton
- Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Astronautic Technology Sdn. Bhd
- European Space Agency
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)